Rare opportunity to join a highly succesful consultancy heading up their Geotechnical Design Team in either Leeds, London, Cardiff, Manchester or Belfast.
You must show enthusiasm and energy to drive expansion of the team, to meet current business demands, to drive the technical performance of the geotechnical design team and to act quickly when anticipated market changes occur. The candidate will need to have a proven record of achievement in a senior position at all stages of geotechnical design. The candidate must understand the importance of excellent client service and instil within their team and companies wider community the importance of clear communication of technically challenging, innovative solutions.
This is a senior national role and the candidate can be based in Leeds, London, Cardiff, Manchester or Belfast and will need to travel to offices where geotechnical staff are based to provide leadership and support to them.
The following key attributes are essential:
- A university degree in civil engineering or geotechnics/engineering geology.
- A Chartered Engineer or Chartered Geologist with significant post Chartered industrial experience from a UK institution or a professional qualification from major overseas accredited body. Recent experience as the Designers Geotechnical Advisor (DGA) for highways is an advantage.
- A thorough understanding of Ground Risk Management application and procedures.
- The ability to understand and apply analytical theory to practical problems with experience in the use of specialist geotechnical software including finite element and finite difference modelling.
- Experience in the application of ground engineering standards particularly EC7 Geotechnical Design. High level knowledge of and experience in the use of industrial sector codes for highways, rail, energy and water sectors.
- A good understanding of construction particularly earth moving and construction of earth structures; materials engineering; foundations for a wide range of structures; piling construction methods and types; pavement engineering particularly highway pavements, rail track and airfield pavements and hard standing and ground improvement methods.
- A knowledge of forms of contract both those which are used for construction projects and those under which the company may be appointed.
- Experience as expert witness in ground engineering arbitration and mediation.
- An ability to write, review and approve concise engineering reports in English.
- Efficiency and accuracy in the pro-active management of project finances and time management for wide ranging project types.