Our client has an opportunity for a Contracts Manager leading to Associate Director
The role will suit a self-motivated, ambitious, confident, commercially aware person with the drive and knowledge to take the company forward from its current healthy position. The position will be based at our High Wycombe office, where you will be working on your own initially building up to lead a team of Engineers in the future.
• A degree in Civil Engineering, Engineering Geology, Geology or related subjects.
• Have Chartered status or be close to Chartered status.
• A minimum of 7 years experience within the Ground Investigation industry.
• A minimum of 3 years experience in the senior overall management of ground investigation contracts including: liaison with clients, design of investigations, tendering (including frameworks), organisation of sub contractors, drilling crews, plant, machinery, equipment etc., ICC and NEC Contracts and final bill measurement.
• Extensive knowledge and experience on all aspects of Geotechnical and Geo-Environmental report writing.
• Fully conversant with BS5930/Eurocode 7 and be fully competent at supervising drilling crews on site, trial pitting, logging soils, rock and chalk strata, installation and monitoring of gas/
groundwater standpipes and other instrumentation, in-situ testing (CBRs, plate bearing tests, BRE Digest 365 soakaway tests, etc.), contaminated land, removal of soil waste, etc.
• Full UK drivers licence
The position involves the day to day organisation, co-ordination, supervision and undertaking of the company’s workload. This includes all aspects; marketing, liaison with and advising clients, design of investigations, tendering, contract documentation, organisation/supervision of sub contractors and technical staff, site works, production of laboratory testing schedules, final bill measurement, etc.
This position comes with an attractive salary (£40,000 -£50,000) plus substantial profit sharing bonus scheme of 20% with no limits on your earnings, a company vehicle and phone.