My client is seeking to add to their Contaminated Land team in Newcastle. You will have demonstrable post-graduate experience in undertaking site investigation, groundwater and ground gas monitoring, sample collection activities, supervision of contractors, Phase 1 Desk Studies, Phase 2 contaminated land risk assessments and reporting.
You will play a key role in the day-to-day delivery of projects working closely with and being supported by other team members.
The position would suit someone with experience in the contaminated land sector who would like to further develop their technical consultancy skills and is looking to take the next step in their career.
The role will require time both in the office and on-site. Site works are generally based in the north east of England but travel to and working on sites across the whole of the UK, and potentially internationally, will also be required.
A typical week would include:
* Carrying out fieldwork, including: setting up and oversight of drillers on-site, undertaking trial pits, logging soil and rock samples to BS5930/Eurocode 7, ground-gas and groundwater monitoring, and site visits for remediation/validation purposes.
* Communicating and liaising effectively and efficiently with clients, subcontractors and assisting/working alongside the project team.
* Managing health and safety aspects during design and when on site.
* Undertaking of desk based research including site reconnaissance surveys.
* Preparing Phase 1, Phase 2 reports as well as input to EIA chapters, mineral and agricultural land assessments.