Due to continued growth, our client is seeking to appoint a Geo-Environmental Engineer in there London office.
The position offers an opportunity to contribute to the development of an expanding geo-environmental team, within a successful multi-disciplinary and national consultancy, with excellent career development prospects.
Roles and responsibilities
- Gathering of site investigation field data, involving some periods away from the base office
- Contributing to technical reports (Phase I Preliminary Risk Assessment, Phase 2 Ground Investigations, Remediation Options Appraisals and Verification & Validation) providing contamination assessments as well as geotechnical design input, primarily to built environment projects
- Working under the limited supervision of senior engineers in the preparation of site investigation scopes and tenders relevant to the business
- Delivering reports within defined project timescales
- Degree in Earth or Environmental Sciences, or another relevant subject
- Work experience in a similar geo-environmental consultancy, preferably in the built environment
- Contaminated land and/or geotechnical focus, with experience in managing site investigation works
- Working towards professional qualification status
- Highly numerate, with ability to understand and manage large datasets
- Capability of producing written reports to highest standard, presenting technical information clearly and concisely
- Valid driving licence
- Right to work in the UK without restriction
A MSc in Environmental Science, Geo-technical Engineering, Engineering Geology or another relevant subject would be advantageous.
- Works well with others in a team environment and possesses strong communication skills
- Attention to detail and a willingness and ability to learn new tasks
About the company
Our client is an award winning, leading consultancy working within the built environment. They have 10 + offices across the UK and Ireland and are an employee-owned trust, so employees have direct influence on how the company is run.
With a rich heritage that spans more than 60 years, they are renowned for our expertise in civil and structural engineering, transport planning, geo-environmental and geo-technical engineering, infrastructure and as principal designers.
Their success is down to our brilliant team. This is why they invest in their people, their development, and their wellbeing, and have become an Investors in People Platinum accredited company.
Helping their employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is essential to the. If you join them, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements and an outstanding package that includes:
- Family feel culture
- Being part of an Employee-owned Trust
- Award winning L&D team who champion personal and professional development
- 25 days holidays + birthday holiday and option to purchase further holidays
- Hybrid working policy
- 7% company pension contribution
- Health cash plan
- Employee wellness program – Access to support like 24/7 GP, Get Fit programme, mental health, financial and legal support, plus more
- Competitive salary and annual reviews
- Life assurance and long-term illness protection
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Holidays at our company lodges and walking weekends
- Cycle to work scheme
- Awards and away days