Our client is a multi-disciplinary environmental and health and safety consultancy providing trusted advice and solutions to ‘Protect People and Planet‘ through facilitating sustainable development, both throughout the UK and internationally. If you are looking to start or grow your career in environmental consultancy, Our client is a place where ongoing learning, training, innovation and collaborative thinking is encouraged.
We are looking for a versatile and highly motivated individual to join an energetic and successful Geoenvironmental Division as a Geoenvironmental & Geotechnical Consultant (consultant grade) to join the team in Bristol. Our client provides advice on risk in the ground, whether contamination, ground gas, coal mining or geotechnical.
The Geoenvironmental team aims to deliver great client care, being approachable and responsive, delivering clear and concise ground risk advice. Fostering a safe, rewarding and supportive work environment where their people can reach their full potential, such that they are the first choice for both Employees and Clients.
As a Geoenvironmental & Geotechnical Consultant, you will underpin the planning, delivery and management of geoenvironmental site investigations and associated reporting for major industry clients.
- Plan a range of projects or assignments, identifying key milestones and time frames for delivery.
- Demonstrate an understanding of project objectives and rationale.
- Organise and coordinate project resources, including suppliers, to enable efficient timescales.
- Coordinate and deliver site investigations and monitoring.
- Schedule and assess third party chemical and geotechnical testing data.
- Use software and technical guidance documents for the assessment of data to determine the required outcome for the project or assignment.
- Produce structured factual and interpretative geoenvironmental reports to provide solutions to the client’s business needs.
- Engage with the financial management and profitability of projects.
- To assist and continue development in preparing fee proposals to match client requirements.
- Adhere to and model high Health and Safety standards, in line with Company procedures.
- Commitment to develop personal CPD.
- Continue the development of your working knowledge of relevant geo-environmental legislation, standards, and guidance.
- Continue the development of your working knowledge of the design of conceptual models.
- Professional communication with colleagues and all stakeholders.
More About You:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject and preferably a secondary qualification such as an MSc, or geoenvironmental related qualification.
- Demonstration of equivalent qualification or experience.
- Proven track record of relevant experience and competency of the listed key responsibilities.
- Strong work ethic, and the ability to work effectively and intuitively either alone or in a small team.
- Sound communication and personal effectiveness skills.
- A developing ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
- A full UK Driving Licence (manual).
- Desirable to be a Member of Professional Body preferably working towards Chartered status.
- Flexible as the role requires out of hours work and travel across the UK from time to time.
Benefits of Working For Our Client
recruiting and retaining the best individuals is key to our clients success and continued growth. They celebrate their staff by offering:
- £25,000 – £28,000 basic salary, depending on skills, location and experience.
- Company matched pension scheme.
- 24 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays, increasing with service.
- Opportunity to buy additional leave.
- Extensive training opportunities and supported CPD.
- Employee Assistance Programme, which includes counselling services and legal assistance.
- Cashback and discounts on purchases and events, from a range of brands and services including gym membership and restaurant deals.
- Supported opportunities for volunteering and community action.