Fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s largest consultancy’s who offer genuine hybrid working and support the growth and development of all their staff.
Reporting to the Team Leader, you will be accountable for managing components of projects, working in collaboration with other design disciplines and providing technical inputs to projects. The role will involve building relationships with clients on projects, gaining experience in commercial aspects of projects together with developing your own skills, and those of the team, to ensure you all reach full potential.
* Supporting the development and implementation of engineering solutions.
* Independently drive routine projects and non-routine tasks with guidance.
* Participating in the resolution of technical issues.
* Collaborating with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design.
* Providing technical input and support to project teams and championing quality and innovation.
* Ensuring compliance of produced deliverables, including drawings, reports, specifications and studies with project requirements.
* Gaining experience in commercial aspects of projects (contract, invoicing, debt management, client management etc) relating to projects for which responsible.
* Building relationships and liaising with the Project Director or Manager and the Client.
* Preparing geotechnical calculations, drawings, specifications, reports and other project documentation as required in line with company and client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice.
* Assisting and participating in developing yourself and other team members.
* Gaining experience and complying with relevant H & S regulations and promoting a culture of awareness within the team.
* Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your line manager and Team Leader.
Essential Experience & Competencies:
* Well-rounded geotechnical design including foundations (shallow foundations and piles), retaining walls and slope stability assessments.
* Growing (post-graduate) experience in most aspects of projects, including planning, supervising and designing, together with examples of applying standards and technical knowledge in projects.
* Earthworks design, specification and implementation.
* Good written communication skills and ability to prepare significant elements of technical reports.
* Ability to self-check and prepare accurate deliverables.
* Good verbal communication and motivational skills.
* Experience in ground investigation design and implementation.
* Experience in the use of routine geotechnical design programs such as VDISP/PDISP, WALLAP, SLIDE, REPUTE and SlopeW.