Our client is a multi-disciplinary environmental and health and safety consultancy providing trusted advice and solutions to ‘Protect People and Planet‘ through facilitating sustainable development, both throughout the UK and internationally. If you are looking to start or grow your career in environmental consultancy, our client offers a place where ongoing learning, training, innovation and collaborative thinking is encouraged and helps to form our identity.
Our client has developed their services to provide intelligent, holistic and bespoke solutions for their clients; delivered at regional and national levels within the UK, as well as internationally through the Environmental Alliance, a global network of over 5,000 environmental specialists.
Our client is looking for a versatile and highly motivated individual to join an energetic and successful Geo-environmental team as a Principal Geotechnical Consultant/Engineering Geologist. They are looking for someone nationally and can be flexible on location; however you nearest local office may be Southampton; for example. The role will include working as part of the team to simplify and resolve ground risks for our Clients through the provision of technical and commercially excellent advice.
You will oversee the planning, delivery and management of multiple geotechnical site investigations, design work and associated reporting for major industry clients. Your team and client management, as well as technical experience will actively contribute to the growth of the Division.
- Ability to deliver a consistently high standard of all practical, technical and financial aspects of geotechnical projects.
- Provide commercially sound, solutions-based advice.
- Use software and technical guidance documents for the assessment, modelling and interpretation of data to determine the required outcome for the project or assignment.
- Accountability for a wide range of interpretative geotechnical reports to provide solutions to the client’s business needs.
- Day-to-day financial management and profitability of projects.
- Ability to identify and expand new opportunities and marketing avenues for growth and development.
- Application of your technical competence to challenge regulators or third parties to achieve a commercially favourable outcome for clients.
- Efficient and cohesive decision-making to suit the needs of the project, team and self.
- Line management, coaching and mentoring of staff.
- Adhere to and model high Health and Safety standards, in line with Company procedures.
- Commitment to develop personal CPD and working towards Chartership (if not already achieved).
- Engaging and professional communication with colleagues and all stakeholders.
More about you!
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject and preferably a secondary qualification such as an MSc, or geotechnical or engineering related qualification.
- Demonstration of equivalent qualification or experience.
- An in depth, comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation, standards and guidance.
- Strong work ethic, and the ability to work effectively and intuitively either alone or in a small team.
- Sound communication and personal effectiveness skills.
- A developing ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
- A full UK Driving Licence (manual).
- Membership of professional organisation, chartered or working towards chartership and ROGEP.
Benefits of Working For Our Client
Our client believes recruiting and retaining the best individuals is key to their success and continued growth. They celebrate their staff by offering:
- £35,000 – £55,000 basic salary, depending on skills, location and experience.
- Company matched pension scheme.
- 24 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays, increasing with service.
- Opportunity to buy additional leave.
- Extensive training opportunities and supported CPD.
- Employee Assistance Programme, which includes counselling services and legal assistance.
- Cashback and discounts on purchases and events, from a range of brands and services including gym membership and restaurant deals.
- Supported opportunities for volunteering and community action.