Great opportunity to join an international multidisciplinary design and engineering consultancy who offer client-focused engineering and technical solutions on major engineering construction projects worldwide in the infrastructure, energy and industry sectors, and working with contractors, international monetary funds and developers.
My client is involved in schemes in the UK and internationally at all stages of the life cycle including development; planning; detailed design; independent design checking; value engineering; technical advisory; and construction supervision services.
* Degree Qualified and Chartered Civil Engineer
* Substantial experience in major assignments for a range of Clients in various construction market sectors
* Substantial experience of managing projects, budgets and resources
* Experience in preparing technical and commercial proposals
Duties & Responsibilities;
* Lead and undertake assignments in the UK and overseas ensuring the delivery of high quality outputs
* Act as assignment manager overseeing technical delivery, commercial aspects, financial controls (forecasting & budgeting), planning, resourcing and troubleshooting.
* Assist Market Sector Leader to source and develop business opportunities, producing tenders, and build client relationships
* Assist and support a high level of technical capability within the skill area as may be required to deliver the service offerings targeted
* Assist with the organisation and management of the technical staff (appropriate to skill), acting as a line manager when required, mentoring fellow engineers, supporting staff recruitment, training, CPD and implementation of ‘Best Practice’ and procedures
* Assist Graduates through the processes and requirements for completion of their Chartership
* Assist in providing appropriate resources for the successful delivery of assignments in the UK and overseas, maximising fee income
* Adopt procedures for standardisation of work products and deliverables, and peer review to ensure consistency and excellence in service delivery of the Company’s technical work product
* Implement and adhere to Company procedures in the management, delivery and administration of Services
* Maintain strong relationships with other disciplines within the firm and promote cross functional working
* Develop skills to be able to assist with and undertake forensic engineering and Expert Witness assignments
* Embrace organisational change and influence others to modify behaviour and attitudes as required
* Observe and maintain Company Health and Safety Policy across all activities
* Undertake other reasonable duties as requested