We are looking for someone to lead our clients Ground & Water (contaminated land) team in Newcastle. The successful candidate will manage the local team, have primary responsibility for local business development and work winning and the day-to-day delivery of projects; working closely with and being supported by team members, project managers and directors from across the whole of the UK.
If you are based outside of the North East you would be required to visit the Newcastle office 2 days a week.
The position would suit a candidate with a broad contaminated land background, including development and infrastructure projects from desk study through investigation and risk assessment to remedial design, implementation and verification. Projects range from one off desk studies to both planning and design input on multi-million pound schemes. Ideally the candidate would know the north-east market.
A typical week would include:
– Business development – liaison with new and potential clients; both internal and external to the business.
– Preparation of proposals.
– Project management from technical, health & safety and commercial perspectives including liaising effectively and efficiently with clients, subcontractors and company staff.
– Project delivery both to programme and budget including preparation of reports and checking those prepared by others.
– Support to and development of more junior staff within the Newcastle team and wider UK team.
– Continuing personal development