Really good opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join a growing business to manage a £40m + fibre optic project (NEC 3 contract).
You will be based out of our clients Leeds office but required to regularly visit works for remeasures / client meetings etc. in Bolton.
Experience within the Civil Engineering industry and Telecommunications / Fibre Industry is highly desirable. Other experiences will be considered for a strong candidate.
Task and Responsibilities
· Prepare cost analysis based on the architectural drawings, engineering estimates, materials required, and labour involved.
· Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities where required.
· Evaluate tenders from subcontractors and, where appropriate, negotiate with the subcontractors.
· Commercial vetting of subcontractor tenders and contracts.
· Control all stages of projects within predetermined budget and expenditure.
· Monitor and keep track of project progress and are responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account.
· Work as part of a team to ensure that the requirements of the client are delivered.
· Carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales.
· Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
· Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
· Communicate regularly with project staff and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times.
· Manage and produce accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable.
· Monitor all commercial information in relation to project including labour, material and subcontractor cost forecasting thus ensuring budgets are adhered to.
· Supply all relevant information to Group Commercial Manager and/or Senior Quantity Surveyor for review at the specified intervals set.
· Assist Group Commercial Manager and/or Senior Quantity Surveyor with a range of other duties as may be required from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Commercially astute, numerate, risk averse and able to accurately forecast cost and sales.
· Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
· Have good practical organisation skills, planning of resources and programme scheduling.
· Be able to provide both summarised and detailed reports, on current activities.
· IT Literate able to use Microsoft Office
· Demonstrable experience in construction contracts – An understanding of NEC3 would be desirable.
· Smart and professional appearance.
· Good command of written and spoken English.
· Communicator & motivator with ability to communicate across all levels.