We are looking for a Senior Geo-Environmental Consultant to join our clients team in Leeds. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to join an established Leeds geo-environment team of 25 staff, part of companies 90 strong national geo-environmental resource. The Leeds team provides ground investigation, geotechnical and geo-environmental consultancy services including for a broad range of private and public sector clients.
This role is an excellent opportunity which will include work on large projects for clients such as Homes England, National Grid and Harworth Group
Your main duties and responsibilities will be the geo-environmental assessment of sites including desk studies and data reviews, the design and supervision of ground investigation and reporting leading to the development of remediation and earthworks strategies and the supervision of remediation works.
Our clients experienced team members will offer mentoring and the opportunity to progress to professional chartership following a formal chartership training scheme and in Senior grade position you will also be involved in mentoring staff. They tailor your training and development accordingly to achieve your own personal goals, providing the specific support you need to reach your potential.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• You will hold a first degree or Masters degree in geology or engineering geology or similar.
• You will have experience of ground investigation, including scoping, set-up, logging, supervision, laboratory scheduling, groundwater and ground gas monitoring.
• You will have experience of geo-environmental interpretative reporting. For the Senior role you will have a good understanding and substantial experience if such reporting.
• For the Senior role you will have experience of writing remediation strategies and specifications.
• Some knowledge of geotechnical aspects such as earthworks and foundation types / basic foundation design is an advantage for either role.
• You will be willing travel on occasion for ground investigation works or remediation supervision.
• You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be fully IT literate such that you can write clear, concise and technically robust reports.
• You must have a good understanding of health, safety and environmental management, as applied to ground investigation.
• You must have a full, preferably clean, driving license.
• You will be a team player with strong social, interpersonal and communication skills.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
• CSCS card relevant to the position
• Experience of working on project for National Grid including relevant site qualifications.
In return for your dedication, you’ll enjoy an excellent remuneration package, including contributory pension, life insurance, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including additional holiday and travel insurance. You’ll also benefit from a tailored package of professional training and development, with support to achieve your career goals and a fully paid professional membership subscription.