Fantastic opportunity for a Senior or Principal Geotechnical Engineer to work for a leading consultancy on some very exciting building projects in the UK and overseas.
You need to have strong geotechnical design and numerical modelling skills (Plaxis 2D/3D) and have the ability to lead projects and teams.
Chartership status is required for this opportunity.
This role can potentially evolve in to the lead Engineer in my clients London office.
Flexibility to work in the office and from home is available.
• Experience as a lead geotechnical engineer;
• Experienced in ground movement assessments;
• Expertise in advanced numerical methods (e.g. Plaxis 2D/3D)
• Strong foundation, basement, earthworks and ground treatment design skills.
• Significant relevant experience of designing geotechnical solutions on a range of buildings and civil engineering projects.
• Working knowledge of geotechnical software packages (e.g. SLOPEW/SEEPW, PDisp and WALLAP).
• A good understanding of ground investigation techniques and its importance to deriving appropriate design parameters.
• High standard of interpretative report writing skills.
• Excellent communication and teamworking/collaboration skills.
• Enthusiasm for geotechnics and promoting creative, sustainable engineering solutions
• Proven commercial and financial management expertise in a project environment
• Have achieved Chartered Engineer status.
• Masters/PhD in ground engineering related degree or Civil Engineering