Principal/ Associate Geotechnical Engineer
An opportunity for an experienced Principal/Associate Geotechnical Engineer based in a number of locations which include, Warrington, Leeds, Newcastle upon Tyne, Sheffield, Edinburgh or Glasgow.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take a leading role in the ground engineering input to some of the most challenging projects. This role would be ideal for someone with the drive and enthusiasm to embrace the future.
Looking to increase the current teams to meet the growing demands from clients, especially in the infrastructure sector (in particular rail, highways & water) and the energy sector, which includes carbon capture & storage, renewable energy (wind, current and hydropower), low carbon engineering and nuclear power.
You will need to have experience in the following:
- Extensive experience in one or more of the following sectors: highways, rail or water geotechnics.
- A strong academic background with a relevant degree (ideally MSc or equivalent).
- Chartered status.
- Proven experience of acting in a senior role in a fast-moving engineering consultancy environment.
- Project management – experience and understanding of the needs and approaches to the engineering consultancy and design markets, including relationships with clients, work planning and commercial management.
- Proven geotechnical design experience.
- Application of CDM Regulations in a design and ground investigation environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills and the ability to develop and lead design teams.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to liaise with clients.
- Good commercial track record in negotiating and running successful jobs.
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work.
- A willingness to travel on short assignments both within the UK and overseas.
All applicants MUST have UK experience and UK eligibility, full UK driving license.