Our client is pleased to announce an opportunity for an Assistant Geologist or Engineering
Geologist to join the team. The position is based at their head office in Burton on Trent,
Salary from £22,000 per annum (dependent on experience).
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE (but not be limited to):
• The supervision and management of site investigations.
• Necessary site attendance to undertake ground investigation and assessment.
• Preparation of Health & Safety Documentation and assistance in the collation of all
project related health and safety information.
• Supporting the Field Technician Team.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
• Minimum qualification of a degree in one of the Earth Sciences.
• Ideally at least 1 year of relevant fieldwork experience (supervision and logging of site
investigations in the UK)
• Willingnessto work outdoors, away from home and occasionally unsociable hours.
• Fieldwork can be physically demanding so a good level of personal fitnessis required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal / team working skills.
• Able to deal with and preferably enjoy the challenge of rapidly changing circumstances.
• Experience of British soils and geology, the ability to log soil and rock to current British
Standards and experience of contaminated land assessment and geotechnical
investigation would be an advantage but is not essential as full training will be given.
• Full UK Driving License essential (Category B manual gears).
• The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate their right to work in the UK.
In return our client offers a unique working environment, career progression, 4 x annual salary
Life Insurance, 4-6% matched pension, payment of a professional membership, 34 days
annual leave, and payment of approved overtime. Further information about our client and
what it is like to work as part of their team can be requested