Our client are looking for a Geo-environmental staff at Consultant or Senior Consultant grades to join the team in Leeds. This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious individuals to join an established Leeds geo-environment team of 25 staff, part of a 90 strong national geo-environmental resource. The Leeds team provides ground investigation, geotechnical and geo-environmental consultancy services including for a broad range of private and public sector clients and will include work on large projects for clients such as Homes England, National Grid and Harworth Group.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be the geo-environmental assessment of sites including desk studies and data reviews, the design and supervision of ground investigation and reporting leading to the development of remediation and earthworks strategies and the supervision of remediation works.
The experienced team members will offer mentoring and the opportunity to progress to professional chartership following a formal chartership training scheme and in Senior grade position you will also be involved in mentoring staff. They will tailor your training and development accordingly to achieve your own personal goals, providing the specific support you need to reach your potential.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• You will hold a first degree or Masters degree in geology or engineering geology or similar.
• Experience of ground investigation, including scoping, set-up, logging, supervision, laboratory scheduling, groundwater and ground gas monitoring.
• Experience of geo-environmental interpretative reporting. For the Senior role you will have a good understanding and substantial experience of such reporting. and experience of writing remediation strategies and specifications.
• Some knowledge of geotechnical aspects such as earthworks and foundation types / basic foundation design is an advantage for either role.
• You will be willing travel on occasion for ground investigation works or remediation supervision.
• You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be fully IT literate such that you can write clear, concise and technically robust reports.
• You must have a good understanding of health, safety and environmental management, as applied to ground investigation.
• You must have a full, preferably clean, driving license.
• You will be a team player with strong social, interpersonal and communication skills.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
• CSCS card relevant to the position
• Experience of working on project for National Grid including relevant site qualifications.
The client is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, or parental leave.
The client are also happy to discuss flexible working for this role, including the possibility of reduced hours, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours. They hope to offer a range of solutions to help you get the most out of your work / life balance.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.