What Awaits You
Our client is an award-winning geotechnical and geoenvironmental consultancy. They work at the forefront of the industry, providing innovative ground solutions that allow their clients to manage their ground risks. Temporary Works Design is a core discipline for them, through innovative and pragmatic thinking they provide cost effective solutions for their varied clients using software including PLAXIS 3D.
Our client employs a hotbed of talented and capable people working together to develop new ideas for cutting edge, innovative ground solutions. They believe their people should think independently, take initiative, grow to their full potential and help shape the future of construction.
What Role Would You Play Within Their Team
They are looking for the right person to strengthen their busy niche design team, who has specialist knowledge and experience in the field of below ground and soil structure interaction temporary works design.
You will be working on a wide range of urban development and infrastructure projects collaborating with Tier 1/2 contractors, civil and structural engineers and developers to deliver pragmatic designs and construction advice.
Who They Are looking For
They welcome applications from experienced engineers with a degree in civil/structural engineering with a strong geotechnical component and/or a Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering.
- You will be a Chartered or near chartered membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers or appropriate professional body. Each year they successfully mentor employees through this process, they’re happy to help and are known for their training support.
- You’ll show demonstrable experience and ability in numerical analysis and designing of deep basements, retaining walls, foundations, slopes, pile design, propping systems, and all general geo-structural/temporary works elements.
- A good knowledge and understanding of construction sequencing/buildability, value engineering and foundation reuse.
- Experience of undertaking detailed Ground Movement Analysis and Asset Impact Assessments would be an advantage but not essential.
- A team player, able to work collaboratively with others both within the company and with outside parties to ensure the integrity of the overall designs and delivery of projects to a high standard.
- Experience of supervising and managing small project teams
- A work winner who will contribute to office and companywide business development. You should be able to communicate effectively with clients, fostering positive and enduring relationships
- Proven project management capability and commercial control of projects.
- A desire and ability to train and mentor less experienced staff and contribute to the technical development of the company. People are at the heart of everything we do.
We they able to offer you:
- A competitive salary and a profit related bonus scheme
- Flexible working arrangements and home location
- Exciting, rewarding and potentially award-winning project experience
- Payment of professional subscriptions
- Training and education assistance (pre and post chartership)
- Health care cash plan
- Group Income protection
- Company pension scheme
- Death in service cover
- Generous Annual leave allowance (and the option to purchase more) increasing in line with service