Our client are looking for an experienced Geotechnical and Geo-Environmental Engineer who would like to join an established team to work on a variety of projects.
This role will involve the environmental and geotechnical investigation of land for future development including. The candidate should have a minimum of five years’ experience working in site investigation and report writing in relation to the development of land. Experience of working within an engineering consultancy environment would also be desirable but not essential.
The Geotechnical and Geo-Environmental team at the company has a wide range of experience and is led by one Director, two Technical Directors and one Associate. As a team, they also do coal mining risk assessments, earthworks, land remediation as well as complex geotechnical design. The team prides itself on being friendly, supportive and promoting a hands-on learning environment to benefit
professional and technical development.
We review our salaries twice a year and apply a personal approach to rewarding staff based on merit. We offer a 4% contributory pension scheme and 2 x life insurance alongside a generous holiday allowance of up to 26 days with the option to buy up to 3 days additional holiday as needed. We have flexible start and finish times to the working day and offer all our staff the opportunity to choose a pattern to meet their personal choice/circumstances. We also offer a discounted health cash plan which can assist with a number of every day medical costs and a
cycle to work scheme.
The ideal candidate will have a strong Degree or Masters in Geology, Geography or Civil Engineering and be working towards their professional development with the Geological Society, Institution of Civil Engineers, or similar professional body.
• Visiting sites to carry out, inspect and/or supervise trial pitting, soak-away testing,
supervising borehole investigations, verification of capping etc.
• Supervision of construction works which may include inspecting foundations, drilling and
grouting of mine workings, earthworks or remediation of contaminated sites.
• Preparing Phase 1 and 2 geotechnical and geo-environmental site investigation reports.
• Preparing coal mining risk assessments, earthworks strategies, verification reports etc.
• Liaising with clients, regulators, site staff and other staff within the company.
• Advising on geotechnical parameters for foundation design, slope stability etc.
• Carrying out detailed quantitative risk assessments.
• Supporting and mentoring our Graduate Engineers