our client is focused on attracting, retaining and developing people who share a passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return they offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Their people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our clients core values is ‘people first’, meaning they invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
As a senior geo-environmental consultant, you will be an integrated member of a UK-wide team, planning, directing and supervising works on a range of geo-environmental projects, resolving issues and working closely with our clients.
We are looking for a consultant with at least 5 years’ experience of supporting on land contamination and/or ground condition assessments who can work both independently and part of a team. As part of the Geo-environmental team, you will have the opportunity to support on proposal preparation, manage project teams, produce technically robust reports and provide technical leadership to support project delivery.
In return, you will join an award-winning team and be part of one of the global top 3 consultants within the industry. Working across various projects, you will have the opportunity to work alongside international technical experts and continue building on your experience. Our environmental team works closely with our global colleagues to share knowledge and collaborate on projects all over the world.
- Task management of site work.
- Providing support, advice, and training to less experienced team members.
- Field based work undertaken across the UK, including site management of ground investigations and associated works, with a strong focus on health and safety management and documentation.
- Work collaboratively with project managers and other sectors/disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall project from a technical and a financial perspective.
- Produce and review project outputs (e.g. documentation, reports, specifications) and ensure that they meet or exceed client expectations, Arcadis requirements and comply with relevant national standards and codes of practice.
- Develop effective working relationships with the Project Manager, as well as with the client, and ensure effective communication of progress and changes, including the resolution of issues.
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of the services delivered by Arcadis, of the client’s business and the industry sector to facilitate personal networking and to consolidate personal and company credibility in the industry.
Qualifications & Experience:
- BSc qualified (or higher) in Geology, Environmental Geoscience, Environmental Science or similar, or equivalent.
- Experience of working on geo-environmental projects (i.e. contamination or geotechnical) including medium to large scale complex projects.
- Ability to work both independently, within a local office-based team, and larger multidisciplinary teams to deliver projects to tight deadlines and budgets.
- Experience of working on site and in supervising contractors e.g. drillers.
- Experience of managing tasks or projects, involving small delivery teams.
- Proficient report writing and review – Environmental Phase 1 & 2.
- A good working knowledge of the potential risks associated with geo-environmental investigations, including health & safety, budgetary and technical considerations.
- Experience in client and regulatory liaison
- Achieved or working towards professional membership and chartership.