Job Title: Geo-Environmental Consultant
Salary Range: £24-28,000 depending on experience
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Geo-Environmental Consultant to join their team near Burton on Trent. They are an established contaminated land and geotechnical consultancy with a reputation for delivering high quality environmental and engineering consultancy services to clients across the commercial, industrial and residential sectors.
They are looking for a pro-active, highly motivated and confident individual who is looking to progress their career and wants to gain experience in a diverse environment.
The role will include:
• Preparation of Desk studies and conducting walkover surveys
• Design, procurement and carrying out ground investigations with a variety of methodologies – window sampling, cable percussive, rotary, trial pitting.
• Supervise works on site, coordinate other crews and liaise with contractors and suppliers.
• Logging of soils and rock to current BS5930 / Eurocode 7 and command of HoleBase to produce borehole logs
• Conduct soil and groundwater sampling, perform in-situ testing (hand shear vane, TRL, etc.)
• Preparation and scheduling of samples to accredited laboratories.
• Preparation of health and safety / risk assessment documentation.
• Assessment of soil, groundwater and ground gas data in accordance with current UK guidelines / British Standards.
• Data interpretation and writing technical reports – desk studies, ground investigation factual and interpretive reports, remediation strategies and validation reports.
• Review of 3rd party documentation.
• Degree in Engineering Geology / Engineering Geology or similar.
• CSCS card as a minimum.
• Experienced carrying out ground investigations (trial pitting, window sampling, cable percussive and rotary drilling).
• Willingness to travel across the UK.
• Essential domain of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Holebase.
• Strong analytical and numerical skills for data interpretation and critical thinking.
• Experience writing interpretive reports.
• Ability to multitask and good organizational and time-keeping skills.
Essential – Right to work and reside in the UK Hold a full UK driving license.